I have been on a health journey for years now and since January I have started working with a coach again finally. I’ve found that when I have the support of a professional it certainly helps me more, even though I can certainly be stubborn. One of the areas that are hardest for me is changing the way I eat and understand macros and such, so meal planning has really helped.
Thankfully a lot of friends and family have also started to get more into healthy eating and meal prep and have been sharing their favorite recipes on Facebook. This one I found through my cousins and it is TO DIE FOR! It is so simple and satisfying. I’m not a huge vegetable person at all but everything in this salad (minus red onions) I love. The feta cheese also adds a nice change since I’m so used to putting cheddar and such on salads.
Check out SkinnyTaste on Facebook, Pinterest and their site for more amazing recipes!
The following recipe is copied directly from SkinnyTaste!
GREEK CHICKPEA SALAD
666SP 292 CaloriesPREP TIME:5 minsTOTAL TIME:5 minsYIELD:4 SERVINGSCOURSE:Dinner, Lunch, SaladCUISINE:AmericanGreek Chickpea Salad, made with chickpeas, cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers, olives and Feta is perfect to make ahead, for lunch for the week!
- 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (Goya)
- 2 cups diced Persian cucumber
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 1/3 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 20 kalamata or gaeta olives
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced lengthwise
- 4 ounces fresh feta, sliced thick
- juice of 2 fresh lemons
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In each of 4 (4-cup) containers or bowls, arrange 1/3 cup chickpeas, 1/2 cup cucumber, 1/4 green pepper, 1/3 cup tomato, olives and red onion, top with Feta cheese.
- In a small bowl whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Serve about 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing with each salad.
Serving: 1container, Calories: 292kcal, Carbohydrates: 28.5g, Protein: 11g, Fat: 16g, Saturated Fat: 5.5g, Cholesterol: 25mg, Sodium: 713.5mg, Fiber: 6.5g, Sugar: 4g Blue Smart Points: 6 Green Smart Points: 6 Purple Smart Points:6 Points+:8
KEYWORDS:Greek Chickpea Salad, greek chickpea salad lunch, greek chickpea salad recipe, greek style chickpea salad